Immigration to Canada is not a one-step process but requires several steps, planning, money, and experience to successfully come to Canada. Many people lack experience and guidance and are confused and frustrated about the process.
Canada has several pathways and programs designed to bring skilled immigrants to Canada and keep them here. You can enter Canada as a student, skilled worker, or under various sponsorship programs.
There are programs for unmarried individuals as well as programs for legally married couples or families with children. If you decide to move to Canada with your family, you must choose one of the family programs.
There are two ways you can immigrate to Canada with your family: one is through the Canadian Federal Express Entry Linked Skilled Worker Program. The other is the family sponsorship program.
Canada’s overall immigration policy is to invite skilled immigrants to Canada in order to promote the country’s economic growth and strengthen its workforce.
Canadian immigration is based on points, i.e. applicants are assessed according to age, work experience, language skills, educational qualifications, etc.
Under the Canadian Express Entry program, applicants who register and create a profile are scored and the applicant with the highest score is invited to apply through one of Canada’s provincial programs.
Applicants who wish to move to Canada must create an Express Entry profile, which is then entered into a pool where they are ranked.
You can use the Express Entry points calculator to rank yourself and see if you are eligible for an invitation.
The requirement to register for the Express Entry Pool
You need a
- Medical certificate
- Education certificate
- Police clearance certificate
- Proof of means
- Passport photo
- Employment and income certificates to prove work experience
- IELTS test results to prove your language skills.
- Make sure you have collected all of these documents as you will be asked to provide them when you complete or create your Express Entry Profile.
How do I create an Express Entry profile?
- Visit the official Canadian website to obtain the form.
- Canada will ask you to fill out a questionnaire to verify your eligibility (Express Entry Questionnaire).
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you will receive a personal reference code.
- Click on the Express Entry form and answer all the questions to create your profile.
- Create your credentials and complete your profile registration.
- You will be asked to provide your reference code, fill it in and continue.
- Fill in the different sections of the profile
- You will be asked if you have a job offer in Canada if you need to complete the form, otherwise click none.
- Accept all terms and conditions and submit.
You will receive a profile number and other communications to confirm that your account has been successfully created.
- You must now wait for an invitation from a Canadian province.
Canadian provinces hold a referendum every week or month, so you need to be on the lookout for the latest news for an invitation.