Often, the question: Is business service a Good Career Path has stirred opinions, some say it is not tangible enough to be regarded as a good career path while a majority agree that business service is a good career path. What is our view?
Before we decide, it is imperative to understand what business service is in a nutshell. In this article, we are going to discuss a wide range of topics in business service such as its meaning, activities, career paths in business service, and much more.
Let us now consider the meaning of business service.
What is Business Service?
Business services are activities in the business sector that act as a supporting agency that assists organizations with vast strategies for achieving the organizational set objective and accelerating growth and development. Business services adopt professional principles, skills, pieces of equipment, and expert business ethics to solve organizational problems and bring about productivity.
The business service activities are broad and limitless and constantly growing. It covers a wide range of activities that various organizations need.
Business services can also be regarded as business support services and organizations that majorly focus on rendering business services can be regarded as business support agencies. It is necessary to note that business service is recognized and requires a high level of expertise.
If you want to start a business service career, it might be overwhelming, let’s discuss how you can start a career in business service.
Is Business Service a Good Career Path?
Yes! Business service is a good career path and is in high demand in various industries, it is profitable and a growing industry. If you have read this article meticulously you will agree that business service is a good career path as it has been fully highlighted.
How you can start a Career in Business Service.
The following are steps you can take to start a career in business service.
- Get a Certification.
As discussed above, business service requires a high level of professionalism as such getting into a business service career requires a professional certificate. The certificate can be acquired from certified universities and colleges. A business service personnel in the HR industry must be certified HR personnel with all relevant qualifications, the same goes for all business service industries. You can also further your education to a master’s degree in your business service field to get a high level of certification to get started.
Any organization in need of a business service individual will only hire an individual who is certified from a recognized university or college of higher learning. In a job posting requiring a professional, you will find the qualifications and description to ascertain if it fits your qualifications.
- Build a Portfolio
A portfolio is proof of expertise and is needed in the business service industry. To start a career in business service, you must gain a certain level of experience as this will be required by clients who would need your services.
You can build your portfolio as a beginner by volunteering for business owners to render your services with little or no charge, you can also apply and work as an intern in various organizations in your area of specialization to gain working experience.
- Create a Resume
A resume is a document that states your level of qualification, educational background, skills, experience, qualities, and strengths required in an organization. Your resume is a document that you submit alongside your cover letter to an organization in need of your services.
In preparing your resume, you must be detailed, succinct, specific, and arranged properly and it must depict your willingness to work and the professionalism needed in an organization.
Networking is an important part of starting a business service career. Networking is an act of building a relationship for professional benefits. You can introduce yourself to clients by building a business relationship with them for future job opportunities.
Your network can suggest your skills and qualifications to business owners when there is a vacancy. The beginning stage is a difficult phase in the business service industry, it is beneficial to build your network for future relevance and opportunities.
Why is Business Service the Right Choice?
Business service is a good career choice because it promotes professional work ethics and ensures productivity in an organization. It also promotes a fair relationship between employer and employee in an organization since they work to achieve a common goal.
Business service workers are highly respected and paid in an organization, it helps the worker grow and develop both mentally and skillfully leading to job satisfaction. Many organizations have realized the invaluable need for business service workers in growth and development thus it is a lucrative and high-demand career.
The business service workers are open to various training and growth opportunities in an organization that other career paths may not provide, when they attain a certain qualification they are entitled to bonuses, promotion, and salary raise in standard organizations.
The productivity of the business service worker in working and non-working environments is inevitable as they are problem solvers which help them develop determining attributes that help them adapt to any circumstances. They are leaders and useful resources in society.
The business service sector is a broad sector that can accommodate various skills, it presents an individual with the room to choose an area of specialization. In a situation where the job is not forthcoming, a business service worker can build their own business and apply their skills effortlessly.
Types of Careers In Business Service
The business service industry is diverse and you can choose one or more career paths. The following are careers in business service.
- Human Resource expert: this is a lucrative career in business service, the human resource expert is specialized in the general welfare of staff and business activities in an organization including recruiting when needed, payment of salaries and remuneration, employee training and development, appraisal, and more. The human resource expert ensures that he applies his strategies in his duties effectively.
- Digital marketing/Sales specialist: the digital marketer ensures that the organizational products are recognized and used by a large number of consumers. They are in high demand in the business service industry. You can also choose to become a digital marketer and sales specialist.
- Business strategist and administrator: the business strategist and administrator ensures the growth and development of an organization by introducing strategies and administering these strategies to the organizational goal. You can become a certified business strategist and administrator by attending a business school or a higher institution that offers a business-related course. This is also a lucrative career in business service.
- IT expert: The IT expert is a tech-savvy individual who can apply technological-related skills for problem-solving and easy workflow in an organization. Due to high technological adoption, the IT expert is in high demand in the business service industry.
- Engineering: engineering is a professional skill that is needed for the survival of a business firm that carries out engineering duties. You can become a mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, marine engineer, etc. it is a highly technical skill that demands qualifications and effort. It is one of the highest-paid careers in business service.
- Data Analyst: the data analyst is an expert who collects and analyses complex data for clarity and implementation in an organization. They are in high demand in the business service sector.
- Lawyers: the law is a lucrative career in the business service sector for defense in a business firm. You can choose to become a lawyer in the business service sector.
- Accountants: accountants are a necessity in an organization for tracking income and expenditure in an organization. The profit or loss situation in an organization is determined by an accountant. They are in high demand as a business service.
Aside from the careers listed above, there are numerous careers in the business service sector including driving, writing, health specialist, advertising, etc that you can choose from.
10 Best Paying Jobs in Business Service and Salary ranges.
Here is a compiled list of the 10 best jobs in business service according to the U.S Bureau of Labour Statistics)
- Human Resources Manager ( salaries ranges from $100,000 to $180,000 annually)
- Entrepreneur ( salaries ranges from $ 10,000 to $ 1m annually)
- Business manager ( salary ranges from $72,000 to $180,000 annually)
- Sales and Marketing expert ( salary ranges from $80,000 to 150,000 annually)
- Data analyst ( salary ranges from $65,000 to $ 160,000 annually)
- Lawyer (salary ranges from $70,000 to $180,000 annually)
- Engineer ( salary ranges from $120,000 to $170,000 annually)
- IT managers( salary ranges from $55,000 to 170,000 annually )
- Accountants (salary ranges from $53,000 to $150,000 annually)
10. Banker ( salary ranges from $65,000 to $170,000 annually)
Which Business Service Career Is best?
Business service careers are lucrative and you can tap into the industry by learning any of the skills and applying them to the industry. You choose from any of the above listed as one of the best.
Which Field is best for the future of Business?
A business service career is fast growing industry and can be regarded as the best for the future of business as it focuses on the growth and development of business.
This article on Is Business Service a Good Career Path has fully discussed the nitty gritty of business service and its career path. Business service is a much-needed career in the business industry and business service workers are highly paid for the services they render. The steps listed in this article are comprehensive and will be useful to an individual who wants to take up a business service career.
The article has stated its view which is subjected to updates and further research. We hope that this article on business service answers your questions and can guide you in your career path.