OBC students of Assam who want to complete their higher education can apply for the OBC Scholarship Assam 2021.
The Assam government and NSP have opened this scholarship for 2021 and are inviting applications from all eligible Assam students.
Wordtecharena has provided detailed information on everything you need to know about the OBC Scholarship Assam 2021. You will also know;
- Eligible Criteria
- Eligible classes
- Required documents for OBC scholarship Assam
- Scholarship Worth
- Selection process
- How to apply
- Application deadline
- And lots more
OBC Scholarship Assam 2021
The OBC scholarship is a free annual scholarship scheme approved by the Government of India.
Each year, Other Backward Classes (OBC) students are invited by the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) for the OBC Scholarship Scheme.
Only students who have successfully passed HSLC/AHM Examination or Matriculation and continuing their higher education (i.e. Higher Secondary, Graduation, and Post Graduation) are eligible to submit applications for the academic session 2021 – 2022.
Eligible Classes: The specified categories eligible are Pre-Matric and Post-Matric categories.
Pre-Matric: Class 1 – Class 10
Post-Matric: Class 11 – Post Graduation
Other eligibility criteria include:
- The students must have passed 10th or 12th grade
- The annual income of the father should be below R.s 1.5 lakh
- Only two boys of the same parents can get the scholarship
- OBC category candidates will only be able to submit an online application for this scholarship after they’ve been recommended by their respective colleges and universities.
Required documents for OBC scholarship Assam
Students who are eligible for the OBC scholarship Assam are required to provide the following documents to complete their online application;
- A passport photograph
- Bank Passbook
- Signed OBC certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Last year’s transcripts
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate.
The scholarship amount depends on the Post-Matric course. For hostellers, it’s between R.s 260 per month and R.s 750 per month.
For day scholars, it’s between R.s 160 to R.s 350. There’s also a study tour charge of R.s 900 per annum (depending on actual expenditure), printing charge of R.s 1000 maximum, thesis typing, book allowance for the corresponding course R.s 900 per annum. Lastly, there are reader charges for blind students within the range of R.s 90 to R.s 175.
The selection process for OBC scholarship Assam 2021
Scholarships will be given to every eligible Other Backward Class (OBC) candidate. However, the scholarship depends on Para No. III condition eligibility prescribed in the Scheme’s official notification.
Any candidate that belongs to a particular state, but studying in a different state, will be given a scholarship by the state they come from. They will also submit or send their applications to the competent authorities in that state. In the matter of exemption from other concessions such as fees, they will be seen as students who are studying in their own state.
How to Apply for an OBC Scholarship?
The application is free and done online.
To complete their application process for this scholarship, eligible students should submit their online applications on the official portal of NSP.
Before proceeding to apply online, students should go through the step-by-step guide to complete the application process.
- Visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal. On the homepage, click on ‘New Registration’, read the instructions, and click on ‘Continue’.
- On the new page, enter all the required personal details, verify the captcha and click on ‘Register’.
- A page that contains your Student Application ID will show next. Make sure you write down or save the ID for future use.
- Click on ‘Continue’.
- On the next login page, enter your User ID, the password sent to your registered mobile number, verify Captcha and click on Login.
- Enter all required Registration Details, Academic Details, Basic Details. When you’re done, click on ‘ Save and Continue’.
- Next is to enter your Contact Details, Scheme Details (for OBC Post-Matric Students), Upload Caste Certificate & Income Certificate documents and click on Submit.
- A new page with all the details you’ve provided so far will appear. If you want to take a copy of your application, click on Print.
- Finally, submit the printed application copy along with all the required documents to your college or institute.
The online application process for the OBC scholarship Assam 2021-22 session has been started from 17th September 2021. The Last date of online application is 20th November 2021
For Defective verification dates, the last date is 28th November 2021 while the last date of Institute level verification is 30th November 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
How scholarship is available now in Assam?
In Assam, there are various scholarship schemes that students are invited to apply for. To be eligible for the OBC Scholarship Scheme, you must submit an online application on the National Scholarship Portal.
What is the amount of OBC scholarship in Assam?
- For hostellers: R.s 260 per month to R.s 750 per month.
- For day scholars: R.s 160 to R.s 350. Study tour charge: R.s 900 per annum (depending on actual expenditure), printing charge: R.s 1000 maximum
- Thesis typing & book allowance: R.s 900 per annum
- Reader charges for blind students: R.s 90 to R.s 175.
Is there any scholarship for OBC students?
Yes, OBC students can apply for the Centrally Sponsored OBC Scholarship Scheme that is divided into two categories: the Pre-Matric OBC Scholarship and Post-Matric OBC Scholarship.
What is the OBC Scholarship deadline?
The deadline for OBC Scholarship 2021 online application is 20th November 2021.
The OBC scholarship 2021 Assam is a free annual scholarship scheme approved by the Government of India.
Each year, Other Backward Classes (OBC) students are invited by the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) to apply for the OBC Scholarship Scheme.
If you have any questions about this scholarship, let us know in the comments below